Love is often associated with Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, beauty, pleasure, and fertility. And Aphrodite loves the water. There are so many love spells that call in the energy of Aphrodite with things like shells and sand and water. It’s one of the many reasons a ritual love bath is so powerful when you’re looking for a little more love in your life.
When to use an herbal love bath
You can use this herbal love bath whenever you want, but in general, there are two reasons to take one:
- As a cleansing ritual before a bigger love spell like the one in Love Box.
- As it’s own stand-alone spell when you want to open your heart and your energy to some big lovin’.
As with every ritual bath, we use flowers, herbs, and other magical ingredients to enhance a specific vibration - for love, money, confidence, clarity - whatever we want.
This post is specific to the herbal blend I include in every Love Box, but I'll also include the tools and tips you need to make your own love bath from scratch!
What's in your love herbal blend?
Flowers and herbs hold powerful magic, all with different energetic frequencies that help to support your magic. In witchcraft, you can use flowers in a number of different ways, but my favorite way to use them is in or around a medicine bath.
The herbal bath blend in Love Box contains:
- Hibiscus: Attracts love and lust; connects you to your true self
- Red raspberry leaf: Healing, protection, finding and keeping true love
- Rose: Divine love and lasting relationships; peace and happiness
- Jasmine: Draws spiritual love; used to attract and keep your soulmate
How to use your love herbal blend
In Love Box, you’ll receive a small single serving of magic herbs in a muslin drawstring bag. If you don't have a bathtub, sprinkle the herbs on or around your altar before you perform your Love Box spell.
If you do have a bath, you can use your love herbal blend in one of two ways:
Using the muslin bag provided:
- Place your herbs into the muslin bag and draw the strings tight.
- Either pop this into your bath and let the herbs infuse into the water; or:
- Tie the string over the faucet so the hot water runs through the herbs.
- Option to add some Epsom or dead sea salts for added benefits
Making a “bath tea”
- Empty your love herbal blend into a pot of water – about 4 cups should do.
- Bring the water and the herbs up to a gentle boil and simmer for anywhere from 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully take your pot to the bath and pour through a strainer right into the tub. Or, you can strain beforehand and take your “tea” to add to your water.
A love meditation
As you get into your bath, picture your love. Whether you’re single or paired up, just picture the person you want and - better yet - feel exactly how you imagine you’d feel if you had this divine love in your life. Be as specific as you want. If you haven’t met this person yet, picture the details of their appearance and dress. The things they like to do for fun, etc. If you’re looking to put some spark into an existing relationship, picture what that would look like for you and your partner.
Don’t get too bogged down in the logistics of HOW you’ll find this person or HOW you’ll put the spark back in your relationship; instead, picture your life as if you’ve already reached your goal.
Close your eyes and meditate on this sensation as long as you want. I recommend 10-15 minutes.
Optional additions to your magical bath experience:
- Meditative (or super sexy) music; Sade anyone?
- Pre-recorded meditation or visualization
- Candles: red, pink, or white
- Crystals: rose quartz, pink tourmaline, rhodonite, garnet, jade, emerald
- Fresh flowers and herbs: jasmine, rose, lilac, apple blossoms, lavender, lily for long-term commitment
- Fruit: pomegranate, apples, passionfruit
- Love Oil